Marketing Assistant – Super Rare Games
Salary Range : £23K - £28K (Depending on Experience)
As a Marketing Assistant, this junior position will play a pivotal role in executing marketing strategies for primarily our Classics physical game collection. Key areas of focus will be engaging with our amazing community on various social media platforms as well as writing content for our regular newsletters. You’ll be part of a team that thrives on innovation and creativity.
What you’ll take on
- Social Media Engagement: Actively manage and engage with our community on social media platforms, including but not limited to Discord, Threads, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and gaming forums. Respond to comments, questions, and feedback in a timely and professional manner, fostering a positive and interactive online environment.
- Content Creation: Copywriting and content creation for newsletters, social media posts, blogs, and other marketing materials, working closely with the Brand and Community Managers. This content should effectively communicate the unique features and benefits of our video games while appealing to our target audience.
- Marketing Campaign Support: Collaborate with the marketing team to assist in the planning, execution, and tracking of various marketing campaigns. You will be involved in brainstorming ideas, contributing to strategies, and helping to implement initiatives that drive brand awareness and game sales.
- Data Analysis: Assist the team to identify trends, gather insights, and make data-driven recommendations to improve marketing strategies and campaign effectiveness.
- Community Building: Proactively engage with gaming communities and influencers to foster partnerships and create a buzz around our games. Identify potential collaboration opportunities and build relationships that contribute to brand growth and game visibility.
- Market Research: Support the marketing team to stay up to date with industry trends, competitor activities, and market developments. Share your findings with the team to help inform future marketing strategies and keep our games competitive in the market.
- Brand Advocacy: Become a passionate advocate for our video games and brand, effectively communicating the unique selling points and reasons why players should engage with our products.
- Internal Collaboration: Work closely with the various internal teams (Production, Design, QA & Customer Service) to promote communication between departments. Additional support may include capturing footage, screen shots, store page set-up & localisation for Originals.
What you’ll bring
- A passion for video games particularly the world of indies and an understanding of gaming culture and trends.
- A flair for crafting compelling content.
- Familiarity with popular Social Media platforms and Community Engagement practices.
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles and techniques.
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and also manage own task list within agreed timeframe.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Adaptable and willing to learn in a fast-paced industry.
Nice to Have
- Proficiency in using analytical tools to track and measure marketing efforts e.g. Google Analytics.
- Work experience in a relevant industry but not essential.
- The position is a full-time flexible hybrid role, usually working Tues-Thurs from our London office (near King’s Cross) and remotely Mon & Fri. We are not currently looking for fully remote candidates (sorry!)
- Due to the focus of this role being on community/social media management and with so many international customers, release/announcement days may require working flexible hours to ensure our community is managed accordingly.
What we offer
- Free physical + digital games
- Season ticket loan and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Regular voluntary team socials (because we’re all pals but we will beat you at Mario Kart)
- We’re fuelled by pure passion for indie games
- A supportive, friendly team who have your back and will help you grow
- Bonus scheme
The Marketing Assistant will report to George – our Head of Doing Stuff and work closely with the Marketing team, Creative department, and Game developers. The role offers the opportunity to grow professionally within the company and contribute to the success of our exciting and innovative video games.
Please email your CV and any other optional relevant work to jobs@SuperRareGames.com
NB. Try and convey something of yourself in this process (we’re not looking for bots)